Our Anniversary

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, August 11, 2008

August Weekend

It's different blogging now getting used to this job. I feel all talked out to an extent doing my part to help train up children during the day. When I get home, I have theorized, lectured, imparted advice and repeated myself more times than I want to. But also I haven't had much time to really think and when I get home I'm too tired and really just want to relax. For the first time in several years I don't have contact with the outside world during the day, so I feel less connected. I still have the rare phone calls with precious friends that are so meaningful I don't know I don't have them more often. Silly introvertedness that I will continue to battle. All that to say, I do have much to say I'm just so tired at the end of the day it's hard to get it out. All part of the transition that I willingly do for love of the kiddos. Funny I used to review entries with a fine tooth comb for grammar, punctuation, wording, and spelling. Now if you're still reading through my typos and my rush to say what I want to say and not neglect my husband or home I know you are letting your love cover a multitude of my errors. I can't even claim I'm getting over my perfectionism, I'm just tired and counting on your mercy. So, thank you!

Not really what I meant to start typing when I thought about doing a blog entry this evening. I do have updates pics of the house I wanted to make sure I put on here so I have copies ( you know in case there's ever a fire, I have the blog to preserve things) At some point I'll repost the ones that were lost when I revoked myself off the account about a month back.

Friday I had lunch with my sweet friend Katy, she's so kind to come close to my work to give me sweet encouragement to help me get through the end of my week :-)


Friday night, Billy and I went to see our niece Sydney in her church play. We are so proud of the talent she uses for the Lord:
We all 6 went out to dinner afterwards then drove by the new house to see the brick work done. Syndey very sweetly gave me a hug goodbye and while still hugging my waist said she didn't want to move. I just love her sweet heart.

Saturday we took it easy sleeping in. Billy made me breakfast in bed and we had a date night. I was battling a headache most of the day and evening, but it was so nice to get out just the two of us at a place that has a gluten free menu and enjoy each other's company.

Sunday we went to first service which was out of our normal routine. We worked on a project with our sweet friend Teresa during second service:

2 comments:

Chelsa said...

don't you just love weekends?! i'm glad you had a good one.

Miranda said...

Looks like you had a great weekend!