Monday started with a visit to my sweet friend Kristen's house. I should have taken a picture of her being adorably pregnant and her two beautiful girls, but I was too distracted by Sonya sharing her sweet conversation and Sage showing me her toys :-) From there I went to my nephew's 7th grade football game. Here's his tough guy pose:

Me hanging with my three nephews. They look sweet and happy so I had to post this pic, ignore the bags under the eyes I've been a little tired lately:

Much of the week has been spent working on the house as he have a home study coming up pretty soon, as well as hosting small group tomorrow night and my in laws are coming to stay this coming weekend from New Mexico. Here's the living room:
I've had requests for kitchen pics, so here is one:
Friday I ran several errands, one being to the DPS office to change my address on my driver's license. I had already tried online, but it still wasn't correct, so I could no longer avoid going to the location. I ran by to fill out to the form and wouldn't you know it on 5 hours sleep with no make up, sloppy clothes and my hair in a bun, they take my picture. I believe that will be a very sadly spent vain $15 replacing said 'lost' driver's license here in a few weeks :-)Today was the annual fall ladies luncheon, the theme was the movies. Amy A invited me to co-host a table with her and we picked Jane Austin/ Pride Prejudice. I really enjoy that movie!!! Here's us with our table:
There were so many creative and beautiful tables I have to share them here. Here is the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants:
Chocolat, I took this picture before they placed out the chocolate fountain:
The Notebook:
Divine Secrets of the Yaya Sisterhood:
Steel Magnolias, that's an actual red velvet armadillo cake as the center piece:

Fried Green Tomatoes:

Our table won the movie trivia game, yeaaaa:-)

This evening we had our sweet friends Katy and Michael over for dinner and a night of pumpkin carving. We also got a great surprise visit from our new neighbors, Jill & Tim, I'm sooo glad to live so close to such great people!!!
Carving pumpkins, this was so great, Billy and I hadn't done this since we were dating 4 years ago, I really like this tradition. Legs falling asleep and all :-)

The guys with their achievements:

Us gals with our fun work:

We took them out on the front porch and lit them up briefly. I still need to Vaseline the inside so it will stay fresh until Halloween. I know it's early, bit this was our last free weekend night before Halloween where we could all get together and do this. (in order: Billy's, mine, Katy's and Michael's)
First time thing for me, I had never toasted the pumpkins seeds. I separated the seeds, boiled them in salt with water and simmered for 10 minutes. Then in a 400 degree oven with olive oil for 20 minutes, there were great!!!! Thanks for the idea, Katy :-)
Tomorrow I'm looking forward to my sister coming out with her boyfriend to see the house and having our small group over :-)))


1 comment:
Glad you had a fun week! LOVE your kitchen! (my husband and his dad own a cabinet shop and make custom cabinets, so I'm really into ktichens!) lol.
P.S. I think your drivers license picture is SUPPOSED to be bad! :)
Post a Comment