Our Anniversary

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, September 15, 2008

Fun weekend

Finally, after a month of dragging my sad self around, a fun weekend :-) Praise God for good health!! Fun including even going to the grocery store and doing laundry as that just feels like I'm normal again. Friday night I was tired from being out of the house so Billy and I had a quiet night in. Yesterday was the first day I felt completely myself. I thought I might have set myself back going out in the rain Saturday, but I think the additional coughing was due to talking so much as well.

Saturday our concerns regarding Hurricane Ike were for not, so we ran a couple of errands, came home and I made a cake for a prayer night we had with some good friends that I've known for 5 years, Billy has known most of these sweet friends for 10 years. Many of these friends were in the car accident 4 years ago that changed so many of our lives and also people Billy and I have spent time in the Ukraine with. We had a lovely meal provided by Amy and then spent some wonderful time sharing our hearts with each other. It's so great to have that comfort to be yourselves and know that these people know you love the Lord. That isn't questioned and they know you're just struggling with things and this is how satan is attacking me right now cause he knows how to hurt me. It was such a blessing and seemed so aptly timed for so many of us. And yes, I took pictures :-))

The girls chit chatting. Amy got a great group shot I'll have to get from her :-)
The guys were all outside grilling chicken for dinner.
Wendy, David and Emily (inside):

Jarrod & Dawn:
Lance & Debra:

Our wonderful hosts, Amy and Nathan, it was such a great idea guys!!!

Sunday evening our Sunday bible study class got together for a game night. It was soo much fun meeting some new people and playing together. It was bunko style, just trying to get 15 sixes so we could rotate through ten table of four people a piece. Great way to mix it up :-)

Group shot, Billy playing with Ashley, her co team mate and son Blake with two Sarah's


Love this sweet fun family:
They let me have baby loving anytime with sweet Kendall. That's Billy's arm thinking it would be a better shot with out her fist in her mouth, but I think it's great :

Ben and Sarah crack me up:
Brent and Mary being their sweet selves:

How did Katy and Michael escape my camera that much? Okay, I am on to them now......

3 comments:

The Woodwards said...

Thank you for the pictures Lori! We all loved your chocolate cake. It was so delicious! I'll have to get a recipe from you and try it myself!!!

Anonymous said...

I will have to talk to Katy and Michael to see what their camera-avoiding technique is...
Sarah

Chelsa said...

glad you are feeling better and had a fun weekend :)