Our Anniversary

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Paperwork

Due to miss Rachel being taken care of, I have this coming week off. Billy and I each have to round up one more thing each and we can send off the adoption paperwork while I'm off. We sat down and answered some pretty conversation provoking questions:

1. How do we plan to teach our children spiritual values and Biblical knowledge?
2. What are our hopes, dreams, goals and general aspirations for our children?
3. How do we plan to discipline our children?

It asked about our experience with children, as well as what qualities, behaviors or characteristics do we like/ disk like in children? And how do we think these characteristics come about? Of course the all important why do we wish to adopt? When was this decision made and why now? What activities we are a part of, our extended family information including their occupations and churches attended, our health and employment background.

I am going to take pictures of each room in our home as well as us. Our sweet friend Liesl has sweetly offered to help us with basically getting a blue print of our house to send the agency. Billy is getting our last couple years tax forms together. We're at the end of the tunnel on this. We both have to go down to the police station and have our criminal background checks done and that's it. We've already done the abuse checks as well as getting information notarized.

Does it sound as involved when I type it? I'm just glad we made it through it. Little scary, I gotta say. To think in the next year we could have a baby in our home brings tears to my eyes and I'd fill out a billion more forms to get there.

We also had a realtor come take a look out our house to see what they thought. I'm a bit picture happy so those will have to come down if we want to put it on the market and we were going to replace the kitchen sink anyway.

4 comments:

Kim said...

I'm sure you will pass all these hurdles with flying colors!

Anonymous said...

I got excited for you just reading your post! I know that you are relieved to be finishing this paperwork. You have been so courageous and faithful!

Anonymous said...

WOW - that IS exciting to think about how close you are to holding that precious bundle in your arms every day!! - Robin

Anonymous said...

We'll miss you this week...feel free to join us for shopping if you get all your projects done early. I'm so proud of you! Something tells me you are going to be very busy in the coming months!