
We went to the obgyn this morning for our monthly appointment as well as an additional sonogram to monitor the placement of the placenta. We are pleased that through the natural growth process, the placenta is no longer an issue. Daniel is measuring 1 pound 13 oz, his heart rate was 137 bpm.
After much prayer, discussion between us and family as you can tell by the title and reference above we have decided on a name for this new little guy. We chose Daniel for a couple of reasons. First, the story of the faithfulness of Daniel in the bible is an inspirational one we look forward to sharing with our little boy. Second, the name means "God is my judge"and I pray our son will grow to be a man who grows in their trust of God looking to Him alone for approval and guidance through out his life. The scripture that has been on my heart for Daniel is Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and will make your path straight"
His middle name will be Paul, which comes from Billy's maternal grandfather. He passed before Billy and I met. So although we never got to meet in person, his legacy of family and faith live on with his seven children and almost 30 grandchildren.
I love Daniel already just as much as I do Matthew. "A mothers heart doesn't know subtraction or division, but only addition and muliplication." I have been sick through the winter. I did get a flu shot and managed to side step that. Billy, Matthew and I have traded off a cough for over a month now. I was much more nauseous the first trimester and now am much more tired. The tiredness of course has quite a bit to do with keeping up with a very curious and energetic 16 month old :-) These are sweet days, looking back on the struggle to get here. I'm so grateful. It seems surreal at first. I remember watching the end of "Facing the Giants" the first time and think the ending was too picture perfect and my heart ached for that ending. Now we are there.
We are so excited to raise two little boys. I look forward to watching their relationship as brothers grow and develop. I am ready for more forts, cars, and then legos, sword fights etc. Being raised with two sisters close in age, I only knew what I was raised around. My little brother was so outnumbered. My appreciation, respect and joy for boys continues to grow. I thank the Lord for knowing who we needed to parent and that boys were right for our family.
Next appointment is in three weeks for the gestational diabetes test, grow baby grow!!


2 comments:
I love the name! I'm so happy for your sweet family - it's hard to believe how different things are from a few short years ago. :)
I love the name! I'm so happy for your sweet family - it's hard to believe how different things are from a few short years ago. :)
Post a Comment