Our Anniversary

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, September 25, 2009

Hello Fall!

I have to capture this as the year I was glad fall came! I was born and raised in the DFW area, so my skin is thin. Summer cook outs, fresh cold fruits, cook outs, swim parties, fireworks, ahhh these are comforting events to me. With colder months usually came the bone chilling uncomfortableness that had me reaching for the nearest sweater or blanket at every opportunity and the battle to control the thermostat in the house. Thanks to the rise in internal body temperature this year, summer was not my friendly comfort as has been the case for years past. I'm however lunging in to baking, fall walks and the smell of spice and pumpkin. I'm looking forward to going to a football game that a friend of ours is coaching and enjoying the outdoors. Hot mug full of cocoa, decaf flavored coffee or what ever warm beverage catches my fancy that day. The only blip on the screen of fall comes with it flu season. Billy has just recovered from the swine variety. It was such a God thing for me to have already been on antibiotics for an unrelated viral infection so Matthew and I were able to avoid that sickness.

Ladies Bible Study started up and I'm very excited to hear other's thoughts and be able to share my own in person with a wonderful group of women about the book of Esther. I enjoy sharing my thoughts here, so I can revisit them later in print that may happen less often now that LBS has returned :-) Although yes, I cringe at times looking back, asking myself what I was thinking typing what I did. Anyway, there's something about women nodding in understanding and expanding with their own experiences that is irreplaceable. I enjoy finding what we women have in common and look forward to being transparent, growing from the different life experiences and opinions we bring to the table. So many thoughts already shared that warm my heart, encouraging my walk and obedience with the Lord. I know I will never be perfect and neither will anyone else be. I have encouragement knowing we are meant to run a race until we die. It's never about perfection from me or expecting it out of others. In that knowledge, I can hope to learn to love better.

The biggest event that fall brings this year in our home is our son. Tears spring to my eyes, believing with a Godly hope that everything goes smoothly so that in approximately 5 weeks we will welcome Matthew in to our lives.

1 comment:

Chelsa said...

i can't believe you only have 5 weeks!! how exciting!