
Father's Day 2003
Beverly had been diagnosed with alzheimer's a few years ago. The disease had progressed to the point of a nursing home in the last few months. Papa made this difficult decision when at a restaurant she would excuse herself to the ladies room and half way there, not only not remember where she was going, but when papa caught up with her she didn't recognize him either. I can't imagine how hard that has been for him. The woman he has lovingly called his bride to the very end after 34 years of marriage not knowing who he was. The hardest part though from my perspective is that as far as the family knew she never proclaimed a belief in Jesus. *deep breathe*
I'll post later about the weekend retreat ( for a good summary, click here) and the gluten issue I had.


2 comments:
I'm so sorry Lori.
(((HUGS)))
Lori - Sorry to hear about your loss. It is obvious that your family loved Beverly very much.
Post a Comment