Our Anniversary

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

27 weeks

First week in August time, so my sweet family I have heard you. I am responding to your requests :-)) Here is how mommy and Matthew are looking these days:



Things to remember about the end of the 2nd trimester of pregnancy:

I have gained *gulp* 25 pounds and 19 inches in my waist. After some advice from the obgyn to slow the weight gain down, I have backed off the yummy chocolate and root bear floats. I still eat five times a day for my hypoglycemia, but I keep my snacks to gluten-free granola, apples and celery. Next week we have our monthly appointment and I'm due to take the glucose test. I'm really praying I do not have gestational diabetes. Another restriction added to my diet would be a bit overwhelming. Heat continues to not be our friend, it's draining and also brings on the cramping. I need to watch out for doing laundry and cooking over the stove in the same day. My hair and nails continue to grow faster than normal and my hair is thicker. His movements are strong enough to make me catch my breathe and can be seen from the outside now. I caught it on video yesterday. Billy's hands are usually so warm when he goes to put them on my stomach it quiets Matthew down, so he hasn't felt him move very much. Billy has bought a video camera and I think he's going to have as much fun with that as I do with the digital camera. In order to get a good night's rest and still be in the room with Billy, we've created a feat of engineering. It involves an air mattress, three pillows and the foot board of the bed. Billy has already gotten it on video. Billy's also been talking/ reading to the baby, which I have to say brings the love I feel for my husband and his heart to be a dad to overflowing. I tear up and want to freeze those moments. Last, I feel as thought I'm starting the pregnant waddle in all it's fun. No penguin jokes, please.

Entering in the 3rd trimester this week, part of me is realizing this will be over soon. I want to treasure the sensation of feeling him move inside of me and this experience we have been given. I've been attending some fun play dates. It's been great advice and experience from boy mommy's as that portion of what's ahead feels a bit out of my comfort zone.

We had baby dedication day at church on Sunday. I wanted to share a few things which were meaningful from that service. First, the bulletin cover had this:

God's Loan

"I'll lend this child to you for a little time, A child of mine," He said,
"For you to shape and mold his life, And prepare for the journey ahead.
It may be only a brief time, Or all of your life to be.
But will you all the time he's yours, Take care of him for me?

I've looked this whole world over, In my search for teachers true.
And in the crowds that throng life's land, I have selected you.
Now will you give him all your best, And nurture him in faith.
So he will come to know my live, And grow in truth and grace.

Yes, Lord
We'll do our best to care for him. To teach in every way,
And give him all the we can give, With all we do and say.
We'll shelter him with tenderness, We'll love him while we may,
And for the joy he brings to us. Forever grateful stay.


Also, we were asked to speak covenants over the families and the new babies born in the last year.

I have printed out the parent's covenant personalizing it with our and Matthew's name on pretty scrapbook paper with a great font, matted and framed it. If you're having trouble reading, double click the image to see the words better.


Church's Covenant

We will be extended family for these new parents.
We will offer our personal help and encouragement when needed.
We will refrain from unfair criticism and snap judgments.
We will give them advice when asked and support them with pray without being asked.
We will listen to their stories, share their concerns, and look at their pictures.
We will learn their names and share their stories.
We will give our hearts to these family and love them as Christ has loved us.

4 comments:

Amy Wilson said...

I'm so thankful that you have been blessed with this experience. Although the 3rd trimester may bring increased discomfort, more stretching than you thought possible, and probably a few more pounds...it will also bring Matthew into your arms. I can't wait to see this fair skinned little boy looking up at his mom and dad...already familiar with your voices. He will know you and love you like no one else. Praising God for this miracle...for this perfect little boy that is about to steal your heart...and your sleep:-)

Chelsa said...

glad to hear an update on momma and baby! you are looking FANTASTIC! can't wait to "meet" baby matthew :)

Miranda said...

You look great! Don't worry about the weight gain...you will have no problem taking it right back off once you are busy with Matthew!

Anonymous said...

Love the poem - God's Loan. Makes me teary. You're looking great too!