Our Anniversary

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, November 19, 2007

Update

We had a doctor's appointment this morning to see if the IUI was successful. I got a call back this afternoon saying it was not. A wonderful older couple we respect very much prayed with us last night knowing we had this appointment. He said that at what ever time we have our child, God may be preparing another family for our child's mate. The timing may be more for our child's benefit and future rather than ours. However a child comes in to our home, we want to think and pray for their future. This thinking would be a good way to start being good parents and considering their best interests. We do want to look at family planning less selfishly.

No fake smiles here, just no desolate sorrow. We are disappointed, but we still trust in a powerful God who has control over everything. Thank you for your prayers, we will be in prayer about the next step. We know now that the discomfort in my abdomen and other symptoms have been from the procedure.

Definitely apt time to remember in this season to have an attitude of gratitude. I am thankful for....

My Savior and Lord of my life, Jesus Christ who gives me unconditional love and forgiveness everyday of my life.
Billy, who is my best friend and husband. His support and encouragement are priceless to me.
Family, by blood, marriage and faith who pray for and love us through this.
Health, home, talents, hope, and a host of other things I know I take for granted every day but God gives me anyway.

6 comments:

Courtney said...

It is so difficult when we are looking at the back of the tapestry and can't see the beautiful piece of art being woven by God in the front! I will continue praying for you as you make future decisions!

Anonymous said...

Your faith is so encouraging - you are both in our prayers daily.
Sarah and Ben

Kim said...

Your child will be beyond blessed to have you both as parents. I am thankful to have you as a friend. What an inspiration. Happy Thanksgiving!

Amanda said...

Your faith is a true example! I will pray for you as you continue down this path.

Kristen said...

Love you!

Jill said...

I am so sorry to hear that the procedure did not work this time. You two are such an inspiration and we will continue to pray for you!